Now that VR is a thing, you’ll be hearing about it more often as we can finally interview composers who wrote music for these brand new games!Inon Zur just finished up music for Eagle Flight, a VR game from Ubisoft where you fly around Paris as an eagle. Inon and I talk about what it was like to score his first VR game, and how he created such “flighty” music.
Our Patron of the Week is Keri Honea. She’s a reviewer/journalist at PlayStation LifeStyle. Here’s her list of favorite video game music; we talked about the first two:
- “Destiny Islands” from Kingdom Hearts by Yoko Shimomura
- “Disco Prince” from Katamari Damacy by Yuu Miyake
- “Snow in Summer” from NieR by Keichi Okabe
- The Legend of Zelda by Koji Kondo
- “The Brotherhood Escapes” from Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood by Jesper Kyd
- “Installation” from Halo: Combat Evolved by Marty O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori