Level 36: The Sound Architect, OverAchiever, POTW
Reminder: We have a hangout with Disasterpeace on Monday, August 30 at 4 PM Pacific / 7 PM Eastern. Hope to see you there!
Lots of great stuff on today’s show. Sam Hughes runs a website and podcast called The Sound Architect. We really enjoy his show, and invited him on ours to talk about it. Sam’s also a sound designer and voice actor. It was a pleasure to chat with him!
It’s been awhile since we’ve featured an OverAchiever. An OverAchiever is a human who takes the necessary steps to get all achievements/trophies in a given game. For instance, here’s the trophy list for this year’s Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. Our friend, Tony Zuniga, just finished that list, earning him a platinum trophy in the game. We talked about that journey and a disappointing end to his attempt to get the platinum in DOOM (2016).
And our Patron of the Week is Abdiwak Yohannes. As usual, I really enjoyed his list of favorite video game tunes. We talked about the first two:
- “The Musashi Legend” from Brave Fencer Musashi by Tsuyoshi Sakito 2.
- “The Best is Yet to Come” from Metal Gear Solid by Rika Muranaka3.
- “Venice Violins” from Tomb Raider 2 by Nathan McCree4.
- “Always” from Dear Esther by Jessica Curry5.
- “Overture” from Halo 3: ODST by Martin O’Donnell & Michael Salvatori