Lots of information in this post today, including a playlist from Austin’s portion of the episode at the bottom.
We got invited to PAX Prime in Seattle this fall so I could moderate a panel of game composers. We can’t afford the cost for the tickets and a place to stay, so we setup a GoFundMe page with some reward options here. If you’re able to pitch in, we have until June 16th, 2016 to raise enough for the cost of the trip.
Show time! It was a pleasure to interview Austin Wintory for the “severalth” time, and this was my favorite yet. His most recent release is from The Banner Saga 2. I don’t even need to say more – just listen to what he has to say.
Our Patron of the Week is Joey Thurmond, who writes reviews for Push Square. He sent six choices for his favorite video game tracks, and we spoke about the first two:
3. Title Theme from Spyro the Dragon by Stewart Copeland
4. “Standing Stones” from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Jeremy Soule
5. “Chemical Zone” from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 by Masato Nakamura
6. “Lena’s Theme” from Medal of Honor: Warfighter by Ramin Djawadi
The playlist for Austin’s segment is as follows, beginning at 10:02. All tracks are from The Banner Saga 2 and written by Austin Wintory unless otherwise noted.
1. “The World is Breaking”2. “Promise of Sanctuary”
3. Woven Variations (a live performance)
4. “Broken Shells”
5. “Paths Part”
6. Symphony No. 3, “Circus Maximus” by John Corigliano
7. “Blades Yearn for Courageous Blood”
8. “A Path Through the Skies”
9. “A Path Through the Skies”
10. The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky
11. “Under the Black Banner”
12. “The World is Breaking”
13. “I Was Born for This” from Journey
14. “Underground” from Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
15. “Can’t Resist” from Monaco
16. “Onward” from The Banner Saga
17. Icelandic Hymn perf. by Arstidir in a train station
18. same hymn by Arstidir
19. “Our Steps, To the Night”
20. “Threads Unweave”